Tommy Bauer is a popular, free-spirited and athletic high school senior with two uncanny abilities. One is public knowledge- he can throw a baseball ninety miles an hour. The second is private with only a few people aware-he is a fine piano player and despite hiding it for it for years, a singer with an astonishing, stop you in your tracks voice. Free on Kindle.
Keith Foskett shares a collection of trips, thoughts and observations from his award-winning hiking blog. From the extremes of the New Mexico wilderness to his beloved South Downs in England, he observes the world with clarity, hope, daydreams and humour. With tales of local history, the changing of the seasons, facing death and pursuing his chosen path, this is a glimpse into one man’s unfaltering passion to follow his dreams. Free on Kindle.
Sports in Cleveland, Baby! Or How the Cleveland Cavaliers Miraculously Came Together to Hoist the 2016 Larry O’Brien tells the fantastic story of how LeBron James, Kyrie Irving, and Kevin Love won Cleveland’s first NBA Championship. The main theme is the endless narratives that lead up to the title, covering the global game, Ohio hoops, the Influence of college programs, the Olympics, Canada, Brazil and trades with Knicks, Clippers and Suns. In the end being a Cleveland fan teaches one more about life than about any sport. $9.99 on Kindle.
The Walls Come Tumbling Down is a book that was written to help cheerleaders, parents, and coaches understand and resolve the mental hurdles that occur in competitive cheerleading. Many athletes allow mental blocks to define them, inhibiting their happiness and success within the sport of cheerleading. Jeff Benson explains how a mental block is just a hurdle in the life of an athlete and one that can be overcome with hard work, determination, and persistence. Author Jeff Benson has designed the system laid out in this book to take anyone in the Triad, aka the athlete, parent and coach, through the process of resolving the athlete’s mental blocks in a holistic approach. This book is frank and to the point, there is no fluff here but Jeff does an excellent job of speaking to you like you’re his personal client. The author provides a detailed roadmap to clearing any mental block in a cheer athlete. The book is written in a way that speaks to the athlete, parent and coach so you can have a tailored learning experience. $0.99 on Kindle.
Through the lens of baseball, Diehards unravels the mystery of sports fans and provides context for what fuels the evolution from casual fan to diehard. In Diehards, Chip Scarinzi canvasses experts about the impact of sports fandom on fan psyche, health, and family life while also sharing personal accounts of deep-seated sports passion from the most dedicated of fans. $6.99 on Kindle.
Golf, Life, And Everything Else is a book about the inspirational side of golf. The stories of veterans and friends who play the game because of the people, not the score. You don’t have to be a golfer to enjoy and understand the appeal to the inspirational stories that are ingrained into the fabric of the game. Golf, Life, And Everything Else is more than golf, it’s people who’s story might change your perception on life. $0.99 on Kindle.
Learn How to Drive the ball further and straighter, Show your golfing buddies how well you hit the ball, learn which clubs to use and which ball is best for your skill level.
You will learn in this book:
• The Number One Technique That Leads 98% of Amateurs to Slice the ball…
• How to Choose the Right Ball so you can hit the ball further without extra effort
• Simple Tips for choosing the right clubs at different stages of the course so you can get as close to the hole as possible
• A special trick with your grip that will make it easier to control your shot
• Which Club material will give you the most control so you can accurately hit the ball within inches of the pin
• The Simple trick to stop slicing your shot and end up in the trees
• The 4 different wedges and how to choose the best one for the situation your in
• How to Grip Your club to get the most control when swinging your club
• 9 “Secret” Tips to give you the perfect swing Each and every time and Reduce your chances of ending up in the sand bunker, Water or Trees.
• Stop “The Slice” with This Proven Technique To Give You the Edge over Your Friends, colleagues or business associates
• Which Ball is right for you? Learn the different types of balls and which ball will get you the longest drive
A boy with a golden arm, but no money for lessons. A mother who wants to give her son his dream before she dies. A broken down World Series pitcher who cannot go on after the death of his wife. These are the elements of The Pitcher. A story of a man at the end of his dream and a boy whose dream is to make his high school baseball team. In the tradition of The Natural and The Field of Dreams, this is a mythic story about how a man and a boy meet in the crossroads of their life and find a way to go on. You will laugh and you will cry as The Pitcher and Ricky prepare for the ultimate try out of life. $2.99 on Kindle.